Cannot start NFS Server on NSLU2

Ferdinand Gruber
I have two NSLU2 with Debian Wheezy insalled on the attached USB disk.

On one of them I cannot start the nfs-kernel-server on the other it
works. But I do not know where there might be the difference in
configuration of Debian ...

I did the following:

    /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start
    Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon....
    Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsd
    Not starting: portmapper is not running ... (warning).

Please help me to find out what can be wrong. How can I start the
protmapper?

    /etc/init.d/portmap start

did not help.

--
Greetings from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber

Re: Cannot start NFS Server on NSLU2

Anthony Takata
I'm not too experienced with Debian, but what was the output when you did
portmap start?

Am 06.04.2014 18:25, schrieb Anthony Takata:

> ... but what was the output when you did portmap start?

Thank you for your answer.

After starting portmap, nothing happened, but then I started rpcbind.

/etc/init.d/rpcbind start

That was the solution. Now the nfs-server works.

--
Greetings from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber

Re: Cannot start NFS Server on NSLU2

Anthony Takata
Huh, who knew there were so many parts to one program? Glad to see you got
it working!