Quantcast

Dell P513W -> Pogoplug -> Samba

Dave Martin
Id like to make my P513W printer available on my pogoplug (still running
busybox!).

Is that possible? Ive seen Del P513W drivers for ubuntu, would that
work?

Or do I need some other magic with ppd files or something..?

Any Ideas, links etc?

After this I'd like to enable spooling via samba, to solve some other
issues, but thats step 2..)

Re: Dell P513W -> Pogoplug -> Samba

oddballhero-2
You don't need to place any printer specific driver on the pogoplug, just a CUPS pass-through.  Just Google this.  There is also some slug specific instructions that pertain to the slug that works on the plug.  The printer specific drivers belong on the local machine.  I haven't set one up on the plug for a while since the that's what I use the slug for.  There may be some problems if you use the pogoplug pro since it's ehci usb drivers don't support my ohci printers.  You may need to build some kernel modules or install libusb.  If you read some of the previous posts, this topic has already been addressed.

--- In [hidden email], "Dave Martin" <slug@...> wrote:

> Id like to make my P513W printer available on my pogoplug (still running
> busybox!).
>

> Is that possible? Ive seen Del P513W drivers for ubuntu, would that
> work?
>

> Or do I need some other magic with ppd files or something..?
>

> Any Ideas, links etc?
>

> After this I'd like to enable spooling via samba, to solve some other
> issues, but thats step 2..)

Re: Dell P513W -> Pogoplug -> Samba

Dave Martin
Maybe now would be a good time to introduce step 3.... ;-)

Step 3 entails allowing ipads to print and maybe ipods..

For this I would need a driver on the plug, I guess..?

I hear things about something called foomatic..?