ERROR: Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached

ERROR: Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached

Linux mailing list

Hi guys, I have a pink Pogoplug with Optware as follows: Linux Pogoplug 2.6.22.18 #81 Tue Oct 19 16:05:00 PDT 2010 armv5tejl and BusyBox v 1.7.0. The Optware is on a usb stick and there are 2 hard drives attached with all my files. After a recent reboot of my Pogoplug it is no longer showing any of the attached devices on the web site interface or via the Pogoplug Backup software, which mounts the drives locally on you computer. Instead I am getting the following error:  "Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached. To get started, please attach an external hard drive to any of the available USB ports." Nothing has been changed on this system since I put it together in 2010. I have SSHFS installed on the Pogoplug and I can connect to the Pogoplug from my laptop and access all my files successfully. But when I try to use the Pogoplug web interface, or the Pogoplug Backup software, it doesn't work! If I SSH into the Pogoplug I can see from the command line that both hard drives and the Optware stick are mounted correctly.

 Here is what I've tried thus far.

 1. Multiple reboots with/without the 2 hard drives connected.

 2 Deleted .cedata folders on each hard drive to force the Pogoplug to rebuild the file database.
 3.Connected the hard drives to a linux laptop and ran e2fsck on each drive to verify the integrity of the file systems.
 Can someone please point me in the right direction? I couldn't find any log files that detail the boot process. Any help would be kindly appreciated...8-]

 -Steve D

Re: ERROR: Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached

Linux mailing list
Check your USB stick. It may have failed and some key file(s) have become
bad.

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 5:08 PM, [hidden email] [nslu2-linux] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys, I have a pink Pogoplug with Optware as follows: Linux Pogoplug
> 2.6.22.18 #81 Tue Oct 19 16:05:00 PDT 2010 armv5tejl and BusyBox v 1.7.0.
> The Optware is on a usb stick and there are 2 hard drives attached with all
> my files. After a recent reboot of my Pogoplug it is no longer showing any
> of the attached devices on the web site interface or via the Pogoplug
> Backup software, which mounts the drives locally on you computer. Instead I
> am getting the following error:  "Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard
> drive attached. To get started, please attach an external hard drive to any
> of the available USB ports." Nothing has been changed on this system since
> I put it together in 2010. I have SSHFS installed on the Pogoplug and I can
> connect to the Pogoplug from my laptop and access all my files
> successfully. But when I try to use the Pogoplug web interface, or the
> Pogoplug Backup software, it doesn't work! If I SSH into the Pogoplug I can
> see from the command line that both hard drives and the Optware stick are
> mounted correctly.
>
> Here is what I've tried thus far.
>
> 1. Multiple reboots with/without the 2 hard drives connected.
>
> 2 Deleted .cedata folders on each hard drive to force the Pogoplug to
> rebuild the file database.
>
> 3.Connected the hard drives to a linux laptop and ran e2fsck on each drive
> to verify the integrity of the file systems.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction? I couldn't find any
> log files that detail the boot process. Any help would be kindly
> appreciated...8-]
>

> -Steve D

Re: ERROR: Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached

Linux mailing list
On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 4:08 PM, [hidden email] [nslu2-linux]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys, I have a pink Pogoplug with Optware as follows: Linux Pogoplug 2.6.22.18 #81 Tue Oct 19 16:05:00 PDT 2010 armv5tejl and BusyBox v 1.7.0. The Optware is on a usb stick and there are 2 hard drives attached with all my files. After a recent reboot of my Pogoplug it is no longer showing any of the attached devices on the web site interface or via the Pogoplug Backup software, which mounts the drives locally on you computer. Instead I am getting the following error:  "Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached.

I and a fellow Pogo fan started receiving this error late last week.
As of this morning (Monday) it started working again for both of us.
Perhaps a DNS issue or a bogus firmware update.   Whatever it was,
it's working now.

Bill

Re: ERROR: Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached

Linux mailing list
OMG! Your absolutely right, Bill!! The Pogoplug web interface is working again. And after I wasted 2 days of hair-pulling and debugging thank's to friggin' Cloud Engines Inc. Still not sure what the web interface not functioning had to do with the Pogoplug Backup software that runs on my computer not working; but you do have to "sign in"; so I guess it must do some communicating with the web interface. Anyway I guess we can mark this one SOLVED and chalk it up to one of the many unexplained but annoying mysteries of the Pogoplug. Thanks again for your help...8-]

-Steve D

Re: ERROR: Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached

Linux mailing list
>I and a fellow Pogo fan started receiving this error late last week.
 >As of this morning (Monday) it started working again for both of us.
 >Perhaps a DNS issue or a bogus firmware update. Whatever it was,
 >it's working now.
 >
 >Bill

OMG! Bill! You're absolutely right!! I checked the web interface today and everything is working again. Leave it to friggin' Cloud Engines Inc to make me waste 2 days worth of hair-pulling and debugging. Guess we can mark this one SOLVED and chalk it up to one of the many dark mysteries of the Pogoplug. Thanks again guys...8-]

-Steve D

Any chance your Internet provider is Comcast Business?    That's one
common point we've noticed here.

Re: ERROR: Your Pogoplug device does not have a hard drive attached

Linux mailing list
No, we have Time Warner...which was just bought out by Charter. I use my
pogo remotely every day to access all my music. But this is the first time
I had something like this happen. Well, at least it resolved itself for
now, haha. Thanks again for your insight. Kindest regards...8-]

-Steve D