How-to use NSLU2 for torrent downloading?

How-to use NSLU2 for torrent downloading?

Linux mailing list
Anyone willing to help a noob on NSLU2 that's totally lost? :)))

 I've recently 'found' an old unslung NSLU2 unit in storage in the office (V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta) and I would love the idea of having a 24/7 low-powered torrent
 downloading unit at home. I though about plugin in a 2.5" hard disk and... voilĂ , ready to download.

 Major flaw though... I am totally noob at anything but Windows [yeah, I know, you don't need to say it... :(]
 Would anyone be so kind helping me thru the basics on how to install a torrent client and set everything up?
 I do really need step-by-step... ('sudo' sounds to me as alien as j#u%h3, LOL!)

 Thanks in advance to all those patient gurus out there willing to lend a hand.

Re: How-to use NSLU2 for torrent downloading?

Linux mailing list
Short version:

1. Get an NSLU that has been flashed with custom firmware (you've already
got that taken care of)

2. Get comfortable using optware and ipkg (
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Packages)
    (Note: I have no idea what the current state of maintenance is with the
optware packages... I wouldn't be surprised if they have turned dusty and
moldy with age.)

3. Get a BT daemon running... (
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/BitTorrent)
    (Personally, I've had good experience with Transmission -
http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Transmission
    And - wholly moly - someone actually contributed a 2.73 build just
*yesterday* for cryin' out loud!  Maybe those repositories are less crusty
and moldy than I thought!)

See how far that gets you...