Installing/setting up openvpn

adamant628
I tried following the guide for installing openvpn, but I was not getting
the same results.    For example:
# insmod tun
insmod: /lib/modules/2.6.22.18: No such file or directory
insmod: /lib/modules: No such file or directory
insmod: tun.ko: no module by that name found

I am not sure how to go about this from here, and would appreciate some
help.

Thanks
Adam

Re: Installing/setting up openvpn

adamant628
Nevermind, I was able to download config files from the VPN provider.

--- In [hidden email], Adam Suhy <adam.suhy@...> wrote:

> I tried following the guide for installing openvpn, but I was not getting
> the same results.    For example:
> # insmod tun
> insmod: /lib/modules/2.6.22.18: No such file or directory
> insmod: /lib/modules: No such file or directory
> insmod: tun.ko: no module by that name found
>
> I am not sure how to go about this from here, and would appreciate some
> help.
>
> Thanks
> Adam

Re: Installing/setting up openvpn

kennylizhou
Hi,

Curious on how you get your openvpn to work.  I have having the same tun module issue?  I am trying to connect to my vpn using openvpn on a optware loaded pogoplug pro.

Thanks,
Kenny

--- In [hidden email], "adamant628" <adam.suhy@...> wrote:

> Nevermind, I was able to download config files from the VPN provider.
>
> --- In [hidden email], Adam Suhy <adam.suhy@> wrote:
> >
> > I tried following the guide for installing openvpn, but I was not getting
> > the same results.    For example:
> > # insmod tun
> > insmod: /lib/modules/2.6.22.18: No such file or directory
> > insmod: /lib/modules: No such file or directory
> > insmod: tun.ko: no module by that name found
> >
> > I am not sure how to go about this from here, and would appreciate some
> > help.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Adam

.

Re: Installing/setting up openvpn

Bill-208

Well that is part of your problem.

Optware is so obsolute, you the package for installing 'ipkg' is missing from the repositories.  In other words, it is impossible to actually install optware, unless you already have it.

What I suggest for the NSLU2 is openwrt.  I had been using debian, but due to lower memory usage openwrt is much faster for the device.  I expect the same is true for a pogo-plug, but I haven't tried it.

If you then want to use optware packages, it is possible to do so by installing them with opkg.  However, for most packages there is an openwrt equivalent that will work better.

Bill

--- In [hidden email], "kennylizhou" <kennylizhou@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Curious on how you get your openvpn to work.  I have having the same tun module issue?  I am trying to connect to my vpn using openvpn on a optware loaded pogoplug pro.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenny
>
> --- In [hidden email], "adamant628" <adam.suhy@> wrote:
> >
> > Nevermind, I was able to download config files from the VPN provider.
> >
> > --- In [hidden email], Adam Suhy <adam.suhy@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I tried following the guide for installing openvpn, but I was not getting
> > > the same results.    For example:
> > > # insmod tun
> > > insmod: /lib/modules/2.6.22.18: No such file or directory
> > > insmod: /lib/modules: No such file or directory
> > > insmod: tun.ko: no module by that name found
> > >
> > > I am not sure how to go about this from here, and would appreciate some
> > > help.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Adam

> .

Re: Installing/setting up openvpn

adamant628
I will probably switch over to Arch Linux on my pogoplug soon.  Currently, I was able to get openvpn running though.  I am using private internet access as my vpn service, and they luckily had configuration files that worked.  You can email me if you'd like.  My address is a google mail address. ;)