Quantcast

MiniDLNA on Unslung 6.10: Media directory not accessible

MiniDLNA on Unslung 6.10: Media directory not accessible

emtisoft
Hi all,

on my NSLU2 with Unslung beta 6.10 I installed the MiniDLNA package
(cvs20090413-1) to have a DLNA-server for my Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500
LCD-TV.

My /opt/etc/minidlna.conf looks like this:

port=8200
media_dir=V,/share/flash/data/hdd/mpeg2
media_dir=A,/share/flash/data/hdd1/MP3s
media_dir=P,/share/flash/data/hdd1/DigiCam
friendly_name=NSLU2 DLNA Server
album_art_names=Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg
/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg
/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg
inotify=no
enable_tivo=no
presentation_url="http://192.168.178.31:8888/index.php"
system_uptime=no
notify_interval=900
serial=12345678
model_number=1

When starting minidlna, I get the following error message (one for
each media_dir):
Media directory not accessible! [(null)]
Media directory not accessible! [(null)]
Media directory not accessible! [(null)]

The DLNA-server is found correctly on my TV, but no media content is
browseable at all.

Does anybody have any ideas what could cause minidlna not being able
to access the media dirs?
I also tried media_dir=/ or media_dir=/unslung, it gives me the same
error...

Many thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Martin

Re: MiniDLNA on Unslung 6.10: Media directory not accessible

dannyboy1121x
What are the permissions on the directories in question? :)

--- In [hidden email], "dannyboy1121x" <dan_cc_keating@...> wrote:

> What are the permissions on the directories in question? :)

I am starting minidlna from a root shell, the directories belong to a user "name" and group "everyone".

The permissions were 770, I changed them to 777.
Same errors as before...

Regards,
Martin

Re: MiniDLNA on Unslung 6.10: Media directory not accessible

t3td86
Hi Martin,

Did you solve the problem?
I got the same error...