My account has been hacked.

oddballhero-2
It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails.  They are not mine.  Please don't open them.

Re: My account has been hacked.

bturrie (Bugzilla)
I noticed that the O and the H were both capitalized on the fake emails if that tells you anything.

--- In [hidden email], "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:

> It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails.  They are not mine.  Please don't open them.

Re: My account has been hacked.

Gregg Levine
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM, oddballhero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails.  They are not mine.  Please don't open them.

Hello!
It was indeed. And I'm going to do what I always do when someone who
uses Yahoo notices that happen, and the list is one which I only
participate: Give advice. Whatever your password was, no I don't want
to know what it was, please change it. Pick a password that's not a
dictionary word, and make sure you can repeat it. And then write it
down twice and keep one copy by your computer, and keep the other copy
in a safe place.
-----
Gregg C Levine [hidden email]

Re: My account has been hacked.

oddballhero-2
Hello Bruce,
Good catch!  I also did not have anything in the sent folder.  There might be a forged account and somebody has been culling contact information from past posts.

________________________________
I noticed that the O and the H were both capitalized on the fake emails if that tells you anything.

--- In [hidden email], "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:

> It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails.  They are not mine.  Please don't open them.

Re: My account has been hacked.

oddballhero-2
Hello Gregg,
Changing the password was the first thing I did and I don't give out passwords, even old ones.  I did notice that I've received 3 bogus yahoo emails from people I knew, but did not open them.  Their contents were similar to the one in question, and it did not make sense that they would send them.  The links are probably to hacked sites who haven't discovered their dilemma.  Yahoo mail itself may have been hacked.  Google "yahoo email hacked".  There are articles this past April saying that Yahoo itself has been hack 4 times recently.  Since the NSA is peeking through this stuff, maybe they can solve this problem.

________________________________
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM, oddballhero <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails.  They are not mine.  Please don't open them.

Hello!
It was indeed. And I'm going to do what I always do when someone who
uses Yahoo notices that happen, and the list is one which I only
participate: Give advice. Whatever your password was, no I don't want
to know what it was, please change it. Pick a password that's not a
dictionary word, and make sure you can repeat it. And then write it
down twice and keep one copy by your computer, and keep the other copy
in a safe place.
-----
Gregg C Levine [hidden email]

Re: My account has been hacked.

Richard Bown
On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 11:23:50 -0700 (PDT)
OddballHero <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Gregg,
> Changing the password was the first thing I did and I don't give out
> passwords, even old ones.  I did notice that I've received 3 bogus
> yahoo emails from people I knew, but did not open them.  Their
> contents were similar to the one in question, and it did not make
> sense that they would send them.  The links are probably to hacked
> sites who haven't discovered their dilemma.  Yahoo mail itself may
> have been hacked.  Google "yahoo email hacked".  There are articles
> this past April saying that Yahoo itself has been hack 4 times
> recently.  Since the NSA is peeking through this stuff, maybe they
> can solve this problem.

Hu Guys
there is a simple alternative to getting you email hacked on either
yahoo or google mail, and thats to use an independent mail host,
The are many out there at less than $10 a year and they are secure,
IMAP or POP. the one I use uses Linux hosting, also good prices on
domains.
I'm not plugging them , but it does save getting your mail hacked

> ________________________________

Best wishes / 73
Richard Bown

Email : [hidden email]   [hidden email]
HTTP  :http://www.g8jvm.info   http://www.g8jvm.com
nil carborundum a illegitemis
Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
( degs+mins ) QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W, 1&1 Mail hosted