Quantcast

OWW installation

David Campbell
I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !

Re: OWW installation

Mike Westerhof (mwester)
On 1/23/2011 11:36 AM, kc0qir wrote:
> I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !

Is it not in the feeds?  Or do you need a special version of that
package for some specific reason?

-Mike (mwester)

Re: OWW installation

David Campbell
The current uNSLUng installation using ipkg provides version libusb - 0.1.12-2. With this installation I cannot get OWW to talk to the USB port properly. I have another  machine up and running that is using libusb - 0.1.12-1. So I need to be able to downgrade the package to see if that will fix my issue.

--- In [hidden email], "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:

> On 1/23/2011 11:36 AM, kc0qir wrote:
> > I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !
>
> Is it not in the feeds?  Or do you need a special version of that
> package for some specific reason?
>
> -Mike (mwester)

Re: OWW installation

Mr Doug -
I did get owfs working on the nslu2 running Debian but as I remember it was
somewhat flaky and I ended up using the digitemp package instead. Not sure if it
is available for the unslung but it is for Debian.  I suspect the source code
would compile. It does not have the flexibility of owfs but does read the 1wire
temp sensors and many others. I use it to monitor temps and humidity from a
remote location via the Internet. It is independent of the file system and I
have never had a bit of problem with it reading the USB via the 1 wire USB
adapter.    http://www.digitemp.com

 Doug Crompton
WA3DSP
www.crompton.com

________________________________
I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I
am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone
has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !

Re: Re: OWW installation

Mike Westerhof (mwester)
kc0qir wrote:
> The current uNSLUng installation using ipkg provides version libusb - 0.1.12-2. With this installation I cannot get OWW to talk to the USB port properly. I have another  machine up and running that is using libusb - 0.1.12-1. So I need to be able to downgrade the package to see if that will fix my issue.

Ok.  Use "ipkg download libusb".  Delete the libusb package it
downloaded; you just need the URL it printed out.  The old packages are
not deleted out of the feed, so if you edit that URL with the version
you want, you should be able to use wget to fetch the old ipk file.

Unslung is pretty much dead - have you considered SlugOS or alternate
firmware?

-Mike (mwester)

> --- In [hidden email], "Mike Westerhof (mwester)" <mwester@...> wrote:
>
>> On 1/23/2011 11:36 AM, kc0qir wrote:
>>
>>> I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !
>>>
>> Is it not in the feeds?  Or do you need a special version of that
>> package for some specific reason?
>>
>> -Mike (mwester)

Re: OWW installation

GSV_NFA
David Campbell wrote
I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !
I've hit exactly the same problem when rebuilding my old weather station: a power cut somehow fried the old usb stick so I had to rebuild.  I haven't been able to do a wget for the older version number as it comes back as 'Not Found'.  Any help most appreciated!
Cheers,
Gerard

Re: OWW installation

GSV_NFA

GSV_NFA wrote
David Campbell wrote
I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !
I've hit exactly the same problem when rebuilding my old weather station: a power cut somehow fried the old usb stick so I had to rebuild.  I haven't been able to do a wget for the older version number as it comes back as 'Not Found'.  Any help most appreciated!
Cheers,
Gerard
Scratch that, found it! http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/old/8.09_RC1/ixp4xx/packages/libusb_0.1.12-1_armeb.ipk

Re: OWW installation

GSV_NFA

GSV_NFA wrote
GSV_NFA wrote
David Campbell wrote
I am working on a NSLU2 V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.10-beta weather station using OWW. I am needing a copy of libusb - 0.1.12-1 that I can install via ipkg. If anyone has a copy please let me know. Much appreciated in advance !
I've hit exactly the same problem when rebuilding my old weather station: a power cut somehow fried the old usb stick so I had to rebuild.  I haven't been able to do a wget for the older version number as it comes back as 'Not Found'.  Any help most appreciated!
Cheers,
Gerard
Scratch that, found it! http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/old/8.09_RC1/ixp4xx/packages/libusb_0.1.12-1_armeb.ipk
Double scratch that: ipkg refuses to downgrade for some reason, and I get the following:
ipkg 'multiple packages (libusb and libusb) providing same name marked hold or prefer. using latest and no matter what I've tried it stubbornly insists on using the 0.1.12-2 version.  I've also tried uninstalling libusb and oww, then installing libusb 0.1.12-1 then oww, but it still insists on using the newer version.

The ipkg options of -force-downgrade and -force-overwrite appear to be ignored! It always finishes with "... using latest version".

Re: OWW installation

David Campbell
This is what I had encountered. No joy in mudville...

--- In [hidden email], GSV_NFA <gsvnofixedabode@...> wrote:

> GSV_NFA wrote:
> >

> > GSV_NFA wrote:

> >> I've hit exactly the same problem when rebuilding my old weather station:
> >> a power cut somehow fried the old usb stick so I had to rebuild.  I
> >> haven't been able to do a wget for the older version number as it comes
> >> back as 'Not Found'.  Any help most appreciated!
> >> Cheers,
> >> Gerard
> >>

> > Scratch that, found it!
> > http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/old/8.09_RC1/ixp4xx/packages/libusb_0.1.12-1_armeb.ipk
> >

> Double scratch that: ipkg refuses to downgrade for some reason, and I get
> the following:
> ipkg 'multiple packages (libusb and libusb) providing same name marked hold
> or prefer. using latest and no matter what I've tried it stubbornly insists
> on using the 0.1.12-2 version.  I've also tried uninstalling libusb and oww,
> then installing libusb 0.1.12-1 then oww, but it still insists on using the
> newer version.
>
> The ipkg options of -force-downgrade and -force-overwrite appear to be
> ignored! It always finishes with "... using latest version".

Re: OWW installation

GSV_NFA
# ipkg install -force-reinstall -force-overwrite -force-downgrade http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/old/8.09_RC1/ixp4xx/packages/libusb_0.1.12-1_armeb.ipk
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/kamikaze/old/8.09_RC1/ixp4xx/packages/libusb_0.1.12-1_armeb.ipk
Installing libusb (0.1.12-2) to root...
Downloading http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/nslu2/cross/stable/libusb_0.1.12-2_armeb.ipk
Configuring libusb
Collected errors:
Multiple packages (libusb and libusb) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest.
Multiple packages (libusb and libusb) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER.  Using latest.
#
Ok, so ipkg is ignoring its own flags now.  This is getting VERY frustrating! Exactly where/why does it install 0.1.12-2 ??

Re: OWW installation

David Campbell
I was wondering if someone could try and recompile under the latest Unslug build to fix the issues with the USB access

I gave up trying to get work around but am concerned if my existing installation ever dies that I will be out of business. I am a hacker and not a programmer so I rely on the skills and expertise of others.

Thanks in advance for any support.

GSV_NFA wrote
#
Ok, so ipkg is ignoring its own flags now.  This is getting VERY frustrating! Exactly where/why does it install 0.1.12-2 ??

Re: OWW installation

GSV_NFA
SUCCESS!!
I got an email from Simon Melhueish (oww author) who pointed me in the direction of the older version of oww: http://sourceforge.net/projects/oww/files/oww/0.82.1/
I then uninstalled the current 83.1 version, installed 82.1 from the above link, but still had no luck: the package just stopped responding.
I then tried downgrading the libusb package again to 0.1.12-1 but still the same error and continued to run 0.1.12-2.
Then the sneaky bit: grabbed the older /opt/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4 and libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4 files from a backup and copied them into the current /opt/lib/ directory and restarted the Slug.
BY GOLLY IT WORKED! :-)  Sluggy now pumping out the weather info once again at www.hyland.tk

David Campbell wrote

David Campbell wrote
I was wondering if someone could try and recompile under the latest Unslug build to fix the issues with the USB access

Re: OWW installation

swiftarf
Hi,
I'm having the same frustration with ipkg and trying to downgrade libusb_0.1.12-2. Would you mind e-mailing me the 2 .so files you used in your workaround please?
Thanks,
Simon