Porting Optware to Synology's DS213j

ammon.marco

Hello everybody,
I hope this is the right place to ask.
After I had bought the DiskStation 213j, I realized there was no ipkg available for.
So I decided to port opkg on it. This has worked for now, but I have no idea how to add the Marvell Armada 370 as a new platform right as mentioned as here.
Is there someone out who's able to help me in this process?
For this, you might need the bootstrap-script, I'm going to release it in the next days, I still have to fix a lot. ^^

Thank you very much
Clubfan22

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

RE: Porting Optware to Synology's DS213j

ammon.marco

Today I was able to complete that bootstrap script:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18560547/Bootstrap/ds213j-okg-bootstrap.tar
Important: I did not change things such as creator maintainer and I left a dummy feed, because there's none for the Armada 370 CPU.
I hope it helps you a bit.
LG Clubfan22

---In [hidden email], <ammon.marco@...> wrote:

Hello everybody,
I hope this is the right place to ask.
After I had bought the DiskStation 213j, I realized there was no ipkg available for.
So I decided to port opkg on it. This has worked for now, but I have no idea how to add the Marvell Armada 370 as a new platform right as mentioned as here.
Is there someone out who's able to help me in this process?
For this, you might need the bootstrap-script, I'm going to release it in the next days, I still have to fix a lot. ^^

Thank you very much
Clubfan22

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

RE: Porting Optware to Synology&#39;s DS213j

ammon.marco
Hello again,

I tried to create a toolchain.mk file for the DS213j, but I'm not sure
whether this is correct and working because I have absolutely no experience
in creating toolchains.

Here it is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18560547/Bootstrap/toolchain-syno213jmv7
1.mk.

Sincerely yours,

Clubfan22

RE: RE: Porting Optware to Synology&#39;s DS213j

jchilen_96821
I used your DS213j to try setting up a test platform on my virtual machine.  During "make toolchain" it complained that it couldn't download gcc464_glib215_hard_armada_GPL.tgz (404 error).  I ran into this problem before when the file couldn't be found on a SourceForge mirror.  If you can find a site that has the file (like codesourcery.com) then change your TOOLCHAIN_SITE variable in the mk file to match.  I'd go looking for it now but I've got to get to work.

 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18560547/Bootstrap/toolchain-syno213jmv7 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18560547/Bootstrap/toolchain-syno213jmv7
 1.mk.

 Sincerely yours,

 Clubfan22

RE: RE: Porting Optware to Synology&#39;s DS213j

jchilen_96821
 I used your file to create a platform build set-up on my Debian machine.  I couldn't get the 'make toolchain' to work at first but I think there is a typo in your TARGET_CROSS_TOP variable.  I think it should be gcc464 instead of gcc46.  I also ran across a problem with wget choking on directory names with spaces in them - the directory in SourceForge leading to the gcc file has spaces.  Google that problem and others have run into it as well but it's easy enough to work around by downloading the file manually and putting it in the toolchain's download directory.

 Please keep up your development efforts.  It looks like a usable toolchain file but I have no way of testing the output of any package created by it since I don't have the same Synology hardware as you.