Re: Current OpenSlug kernel broken ???

Mathieu Monney
Ok thank you, I'm a suscriber of nslu2-developpers but I didn't know
that I have to post this message overthere and not here! I have updated
today the monotone head and rebuilding all things from the scratch and
magically it is working... :-)! I have used upslug2 rather upslug to do
that this time... Was it the problem ? Upslug is really out of date ?

Mathieu Monney

John Bowler a écrit :

> From: Mathieu Monney
> >Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> >unknown-block(0,255)
>
> That's a symptom of the kernel having the wrong command line.
>
> >CPU: XScale-IXP42x Family [690541f1] revision 1
> (ARMv5TE)
> >Machine: Intel IXDP425 Development Platform
>
> That's the zImage without the prefix.
>
> It looks like the wrong zImage is getting into the flash disk
> .img - just use zImage-nslu2[lb]e and the .jffs2 rather than the
> complete image.
>
> >And the other is that the openembedded build process has built the
> >ixp4xx kernel package and not the nslu2-kernel is that the problem ?
>
> No.  If you are building the monotone head it is probably a
> good idea to subscribed to nslu2-developers.
>
> John Bowler <[hidden email]>

> Communication and networking
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Communication+and+networking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=ncJ7zHuN94kilWuTSDl3Vw>
> Wireless communication and networking
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=-1Cy7rgDdkUo3T3bGhOAAw>
> Linksys nslu2
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Linksys+nslu2&w1=Communication+and+networking&w2=Wireless+communication+and+networking&w3=Linksys+nslu2&c=3&s=96&.sig=j3mKdhnq2Dp0IwkO41UTZg>

>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>       Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

RE: Current OpenSlug kernel broken ???

John Bowler
From: Mathieu Monney
>Ok thank you, I'm a suscriber of nslu2-developpers but I didn't know
>that I have to post this message overthere and not here!

*I* don't cross post messages which I believe are only of interest
to people building from monotone to this list.  For example I didn't
cross post the message with the subject line "NSLU2 Kernel" which
announces the change from nslu2-kernel to ixp4xx-kernel.

I.e. what I am saying here is that it is a good idea to subscribe
to nslu2-developers if you are building from the monotone head because
that list has messages which do not appear on this list.

> I have updated
>today the monotone head and rebuilding all things from the scratch and
>magically it is working... :-)!

The bug was as I said - the .img was pulling in the generic (ixp4xxle)
kernel not the nslu2le one.  The zImage-nslu2le and the .jffs2 image
were correct.

John Bowler <[hidden email]>

Yahoo! Groups Links