Quantcast

Retire from optware project

brian_zhou
Hi all,

 Because of lack of time, I've decided to retire from the optware project as the package manager. It has been a lot of fun creating and maintaining cross compilation packages. I get to know talented people, and have learned a great deal. IMHO, the optware cross compilation system is still the easiest to get into.

 To the end users, there should be no change and no impact in the mean time.

 If anyone is interested in continuing the optware support, please contact ka6sox in #nslu2-linux on freenode, or [hidden email].

 Thank you!

Re: Retire from optware project

threeeyedtoad-2
Brian,

I've been happily using an NSLU2 since about 1998.  By that time, the
support community had already grown quite strong, thanks to efforts of
dedicated contributors like you.

Over the years, I've occasionally run into challenges that caused me to
reach out to this community - nearly always I received a courteous, helpful
response, often from you.

My experience with Optware, the Slug, and this community has been an
unexpected joy - quite high praise coming from someone who just dabbles in
*nix.

So, with much gratitude, I thank you for your significant contributions and
wish you well in your future endeavors.

Best,

- M.J.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Because of lack of time, I've decided to retire from the optware project
> as the package manager. It has been a lot of fun creating and maintaining
> cross compilation packages. I get to know talented people, and have learned
> a great deal. IMHO, the optware cross compilation system is still the
> easiest to get into.
>
> To the end users, there should be no change and no impact in the mean time.
>
> If anyone is interested in continuing the optware support, please contact
> ka6sox in #nslu2-linux on freenode, or [hidden email].
>
> Thank you!

Re: Retire from optware project

Ovidiu Sas-3
Hello Brian,

Thank you for all the work that you did on this project!
It has been a pleasure working with you and also a great learning
experience for me.

Thanks,
-ovidiu

--