Running OWW with DS9490R, getting USBDEVFS timeout

Running OWW with DS9490R, getting USBDEVFS timeout

GSV_NFA
NSLU2 has been running for a few years now quite happily, owwnogui process with the weather station using a DS9490R RJ11-->USB device, but the other week it got hit by a power outage that unfortunately borked the USB thumbdrive it was running from.
I got a new drive, unslung it, then copied (I know, I know) the files from a Windows backup over share/hdd/data. After an ipkg update all looked good except that the owwnogui process wasn't getting data, and I'm now getting the following error in the /var/log/messages log:
=====
Feb 24 20:10:06 (none) user.warn kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
Feb 24 20:10:06 (none) user.warn kernel: usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x83 len 8 ret -110
=====
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Re: Running OWW with DS9490R, getting USBDEVFS timeout

Anthony Takata
Without knowing too much about the USB stack, I'd say a USB device is
failing to initialize properly. Troubleshoot by checking the devices in
other machines. For example, if windows hangs and eventually pops the
message about an unrecognized device, that one may be busted.
On Feb 24, 2014 9:28 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> NSLU2 has been running for a few years now quite happily, owwnogui process
> with the weather station using a DS9490R RJ11-->USB device, but the other
> week it got hit by a power outage that unfortunately borked the USB
> thumbdrive it was running from.
> I got a new drive, unslung it, then copied (I know, I know) the files from
> a Windows backup over share/hdd/data. After an ipkg update all looked good
> except that the owwnogui process wasn't getting data, and I'm now getting
> the following error in the /var/log/messages log:
> =====
> Feb 24 20:10:06 (none) user.warn kernel: usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> Feb 24 20:10:06 (none) user.warn kernel: usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed
> dev 2 ep 0x83 len 8 ret -110
> =====
> Any ideas?
> Thanks.

RE: Running OWW with DS9490R, getting USBDEVFS timeout

GSV_NFA
Good idea for troubleshooting - should have thought of that!  Once I'd loaded drivers onto a Vita PC it recognised the device so that part looks ok.  I might just have to bite the bullet and re-build from scratch.