Quantcast

Status of this project?

General mailing list
Hi crowd,

I've been using free software for quite a while, and I understand how
time-consuming maintaining a project can be. Therefore, there is no
bitterness when I ask this question: is the Optware project still alive?

If so, I would very much like to contribute. I am in the process of
making it work on a new target (syno-x86_64) and I am considering
spending some time on ipkg->opkg migration.

If not, then no hard feelings, I'll just fork it somewhere else and see
where that gets me :)

All the best
Romain

Re: Status of this project?

General mailing list
Hi there,

On 29/09/2014 03:04, Doctor Bill wrote:
> Consider migrating entware instead.   Basically, entware is the package
> portions of openwrt, you may find it already supports such a build
> architecture.

Sadly it does not. In fact, it only supports _two_ target platforms,
compared to the 50+ in Optware.
I think it might actually be easier to update a few packages in 0ptware
than create dozens of new targets in Entware, what do you think?

Cheers
Romain

Re: Status of this project?

General mailing list
Woops :/
Apologies about the last message, Bill. I hadn't realized you had
replied off-list!