Quantcast

Tor package update & OwnCloud?

Nils.Weisensee
Hi nslu2 heroes,

I love what you do and am so happy to have all these wonderful Optware packages on my WD Mybook World (white light) NAS drive! Thanks for putting this all together!

I'm living in a country where the Internet is censored and Tor is necessary. I would like to connect to the Tor network with my NAS, but the Tor package that is currently included in nslu2 seems to be a bit outdated and therefore doesn't support obfs3 bridges, which I need in order to connect to the Tor network without interference from the authorities.

What would it take to get the tor package updated to the latest version? I don't know how to do that, but would be happy to support whoever is maintaining this package. Can you tell me what would be the best way to proceed with this?

Also, I was wondering if there are plans to include owncloud in this distribution?

Thanks!
Nils

Re: Tor package update & OwnCloud?

Anthony Takata
I'm not sure who is maintaining the Tor package, but it may be possible to
cross-compile it and OwnCloud with the right toolchains and such.
I think there was a page on the wiki on how to do it, but it may be a
little out of date itself.