Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Hi, not even sure if there is still life on the forum, but here goes.

I am trying to download UNSLUNG 6.1 beta for the NSLU2 from slug-firmware.net using Windows and Chrome.

I select the binaries page, select Unslung-6.10-beta-firmware.zip <http://www.slug-firmware.net/u-click.php?p=download%2Funslung&f=Unslung-6.10-beta-firmware.zip&l=u-license.txt&k=aefb75a53fa616e52308ab0b15788256>  accept the terms and conditions then “Submit”.

What I get next are screen fulls of what I am guessing is the binary file rather than the .zip being saved, any idea where-else I can find this file?

Thanks

Barry

RE: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Just to add I f=get the same result at http://unslung.org/

Re: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Hello!
I just tried and got configuration error complaints from the MySQL and
PHP setups on the server, and then your binary display. It's an error
that needs to be fixed on the server.
-----
Gregg C Levine [hidden email]

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 2:56 PM, 'Barry ' [hidden email] [nslu2-linux]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just to add I f=get the same result at http://unslung.org/

RE: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Thanks for the quick reply Gregg! I’ll see if I can contact some one about it. You wouldn’t happen to know of a different download location would you?

Re: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Hello!
Afraid not. The only place is that location. The big problem is that
with LinkSys never releasing a replacement for the device, it has been
up to other devices to catch up to it, and us. Even the folks at Cloud
Engines who're behind the Pogo Plug, are reluctant to admit that their
device is in the same class and requires the same attention to detail.

Not that it helps but I thought you should know where I stand on all of this.
-----
Gregg C Levine [hidden email]

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:08 PM, 'Barry ' [hidden email] [nslu2-linux]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply Gregg! I’ll see if I can contact some one about it. You wouldn’t happen to know of a different download location would you?

RE: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Thanks Greg

All started with a clear out and the (re)discovery of the slug. I wanted to play around wit it as a media server. I’ll try another route, I have unslung 5.5 here, I’ll play wit that unless others have any other suggestions to convert it to a media server?

Barry

Afraid not. The only place is that location. The big problem is that
with LinkSys never releasing a replacement for the device, it has been
up to other devices to catch up to it, and us. Even the folks at Cloud
Engines who're behind the Pogo Plug, are reluctant to admit that their
device is in the same class and requires the same attention to detail.

Not that it helps but I thought you should know where I stand on all of this.
-----
Gregg C Levine [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:08 PM, 'Barry ' [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>  [nslu2-linux]
<[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> > wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply Gregg! I’ll see if I can contact some one about it. You wouldn’t happen to know of a different download location would you?

Re: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Hi Barry,

I appear to still have an archive of several uNSLUng firmware versions

D:\NSLU2\unslung_firmware>md5sum Unslung-6.10-beta-firmware.zip
3065303ea562c3d509f1ea38e0f29337 *Unslung-6.10-beta-firmware.zip

So we could probably find a way to get a copy to you if you are interested.

But I am sure it would be better if someone could fix the pukka download server of course.

Regards
Ian

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply Gregg! I’ll see if I can contact some one about it. You wouldn’t happen to know of a different download location would you?

uNSLUng%20firmware%20archive[1].png (218K) Download Attachment

RE: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Many thanks Ian, I have sent you an e-Mail

Barry

All started with a clear out and the (re)discovery of the slug. I wanted to play around wit it as a media server. I’ll try another route, I have unslung 5.5 here, I’ll play wit that unless others have any other suggestions to convert it to a media server?

Barry

Afraid not. The only place is that location. The big problem is that
with LinkSys never releasing a replacement for the device, it has been
up to other devices to catch up to it, and us. Even the folks at Cloud
Engines who're behind the Pogo Plug, are reluctant to admit that their
device is in the same class and requires the same attention to detail.

Not that it helps but I thought you should know where I stand on all of this.
-----
Gregg C Levine [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 3:08 PM, 'Barry ' [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>  [nslu2-linux]
<[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> > wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply Gregg! I’ll see if I can contact some one about it. You wouldn’t happen to know of a different download location would you?

image001.png (218K) Download Attachment

Re: Unslung 6.1

Linux mailing list
Any further progress on making the Binaries available on a file server.
I want to build a simple low power print server but I cannot download any binaries.

Mike