Quantcast

dropping static ip address

Jackie
I have successfully configured samba and a static ip address but I find that after a couple days my static ip address no longer works and the ip address changes to a dynamically assigned address. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?  I have tried both eth0 and eth0:3 and same thing happens.

Re: dropping static ip address

Anthony Takata
You'll want to check that there are no processes that run and get a new ip
address. If there's nothing in the cron config, check that the device isn't
rebooting or anything...
On Aug 7, 2013 11:11 PM, "Jackie" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> I have successfully configured samba and a static ip address but I find
> that after a couple days my static ip address no longer works and the ip
> address changes to a dynamically assigned address. Does anyone have any
> idea how to fix this? I have tried both eth0 and eth0:3 and same thing
> happens.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: dropping static ip address

Jackie
Where do I find hte cron config?

--- In [hidden email], Anthony Takata <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

> You'll want to check that there are no processes that run and get a new ip
> address. If there's nothing in the cron config, check that the device isn't
> rebooting or anything...
> On Aug 7, 2013 11:11 PM, "Jackie" <jjhung88@...> wrote:
>
> > **
> >

> > I have successfully configured samba and a static ip address but I find
> > that after a couple days my static ip address no longer works and the ip
> > address changes to a dynamically assigned address. Does anyone have any
> > idea how to fix this? I have tried both eth0 and eth0:3 and same thing
> > happens.

Re: dropping static ip address

Anthony Takata
Typically found in /etc/crontab/ or /opt/etc/cron.d/