gcc newer than 4.2.1 for syno-i686?

jim_merritt
Hi,

Thanks to all of you doing great work on this project.

On a Synology DS1812+, I was trying to get Visual Editor for MediaWiki working, which requires node.js.  On compiling node.js, I ran into a compiler bug which requires a new gcc.  Compiling gcc and getting it working is over my head.

Is there a newer gcc than what is in
http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-i686/cross/stable/
?

Thanks for any help!
Jim

Re: gcc newer than 4.2.1 for syno-i686?

Anthony Takata
It's always recommended to compile on other machines for this reason.
Unless there's a specific retirement to use your Synology device, I would
recommend getting a normal (up to date) distro running and work from there.
On Aug 5, 2013 7:02 AM, "jim_merritt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> **
>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks to all of you doing great work on this project.
>
> On a Synology DS1812+, I was trying to get Visual Editor for MediaWiki
> working, which requires node.js. On compiling node.js, I ran into a
> compiler bug which requires a new gcc. Compiling gcc and getting it working
> is over my head.
>
> Is there a newer gcc than what is in
> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-i686/cross/stable/
> ?