Quantcast

'time' command does not work from Makefile

'time' command does not work from Makefile

Asko Kauppi

There's probably somethings special about the 'time' command, that I
don't know of?

It works from Slug command line:

-bash-2.05b$ time whoami
slug
real    0m0.033s
user    0m0.010s
sys     0m0.000s

But when I try to run it from a Makefile, there's No Such Thing -- why?

-bash-2.05b$ make perftest
time sandbox/lua  speed-test.lua 1000 | tee -a perftest.log
time: No such file or directory

Confused, doing "su -c 'time ...'" helped, but that's really
overkill.  Any ideas?

-asko

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/