update-app-xapi

Ferdinand Gruber
Hi,
I installed a alternate firmware on the NSLU2 and then I set up Debian 7
on the HDD connected on the NSLU2.

Everything is working. The only thing, that seems not normal to me is: I
note that the HDD is working since many hours. Looking over SSH I can
see that there is a process active since more than 80 hours. The name of
this process is update-app-xapi.

Now after 80 hours, I killed the process. I don't know if this will
cause problems ...

I suppose that this process was part of an automatic update. How can I
prevent auto-update?

Thank you for hints.

--
Greetings from Austria
Ferdinand Gruber

Re: update-app-xapi

Anthony Takata
It's probably a cron job.  Though I would recommend running it manually to
see what it's doing.
On Feb 10, 2014 9:05 AM, "Ferdinand Gruber" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I installed a alternate firmware on the NSLU2 and then I set up Debian 7
> on the HDD connected on the NSLU2.
>
> Everything is working. The only thing, that seems not normal to me is: I
> note that the HDD is working since many hours. Looking over SSH I can see
> that there is a process active since more than 80 hours. The name of this
> process is update-app-xapi.
>
> Now after 80 hours, I killed the process. I don't know if this will cause
> problems ...
>
> I suppose that this process was part of an automatic update. How can I
> prevent auto-update?
>
> Thank you for hints.
>
>  --
> Greetings from Austria
> Ferdinand Gruber

Re: update-app-xapi

Matti Palmström
On 02/10/2014 10:31 AM, Ferdinand Gruber wrote:

> Everything is working. The only thing, that seems not normal to me is: I
> note that the HDD is working since many hours. Looking over SSH I can
> see that there is a process active since more than 80 hours. The name of
> this process is update-app-xapi.

I had the same problem but since I don't use the xapian search thingie
(or now what it is really) I just uninstalled it. I think it was the
packet apt-xapian-index so the command

sudo apt-get remove apt-xapian-index

should do it.

/M

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:

Re: update-app-xapi

Ferdinand Gruber
Am 10.02.2014 23:30, schrieb Matti Palmström:
> sudo apt-get remove apt-xapian-index
>
> should do it.

Yes, that's it. Thank you very much.

--